Saturday 2 January 2010

Polar bears, penguins and grizzlies

Another three inches of snow last night - this necessitates having to run from the house to the workshop before snow blindness sets in, and this morning I think I saw a polar bear and some penguins sheltering behind one of the sheds. Its probably only a matter of hours now before Geoff will be wandering around with the axe shouting "Here's Johnny". I'm reasonably sure Cumbria have sold off all their snow ploughs on Ebay and have substituted them in the name of economy with one man, a wheelbarrow and a small shovel.
I'm undergoing workshop aversion therapy at the moment, whereby I force myself to go in there most mornings and hang around doing clearing up jobs till the muse strikes. Unfortunately I think my work ethic must only kick in at a higher temperature than we're experiencing presently.
The Park places are all allocated and I think we're in for a cracking show come summer. Applications to exhibit were way up on last year which meant disappointing a lot of people - but having a regular turnover of over twenty percent ensures a fresh look each year. 2010 will see exhibitors from Denmark and the USA for the first time. Hopefully I'll have finished the website images by the start of next week and you'll all be able to see who'll be there.
Just off to trap some dinner for the grizzly.

No comments: