Thursday 20 May 2010

Thursday - Mrs Overall & St Dogmael

Didn't really plan on a proper walk today as I thought Geoff and I could just reconnoitre some beaches and coves along tomorrow's proposed route between Cardigan and Newport - but we started the day, excitingly enough,  in the nearby Army surplus store in Sarnau. Geoff is here modelling my new workshop overalls bought for the princely sum of £5. I now seem to be an employee of  S&F Motors Ltd and my name is Chris Emery according to my labels. Shame you didn't leave me a crab sandwich, or some loose change in the pockets Chris.

We drove on past Cardigan along some really narrow lanes to the coast at Moylgrove
Just a short walk around the headland were huge cliffs, a sea stack and caves and the path wending its way along the cliff tops towards Newport looked a really good prospect for tomorrow' walk.

On the way back to Tresaith we called in at St Dogmael's just outside Cardigan and spent a couple of hours in the village there looking around the ruined abbey, the churchyard and the visitor's centre

I'm still seeking inspiration for my Potfest competition piece for " Shrines, altars and markers" this year at the shows and the old graveyard there threw up some interesting ideas.


We finished the day doing some rock-climbing on the beach at Tresaith with Ben

No comments: