Saturday 20 February 2010

Busy week. Tea (bowls) and Biscuits

Monday we had a trip over to Newcastle for the day, and a look around the Biscuit factory gallery and the Baltic while we waited for Matt's flight to arrive in from Geneva. Hardy souls these north-easterners - I didn't get warm all day. Nice to see a lot of Potfest potters work in the Biscuit Factory - the Baltic was a disappointment again - have yet to see anything I admire in there, I even struggle to find something to buy in their bookshop. The rest of the week has been split between workshop time and admin - Geoff is trying to firm up details of the Potfesters trip to the Hohr-Grenzhausen potters market in May, whilst also trying to resolve the fliers for both shows, and I've been making tea bowls till they come out of my ears, but failing miserably to produce any larger sculptural pieces that I'm happy with. Pollie Uttley ( fellow potter and co-walker on my next trip to Petra ) has gone into serious training and is now up to five miles a day on the treadmill - Garry's probably installed it next to her workbench so she can pot at the same time. This is a worrying development as I now feel I have to train as well - as I don't want to be last one out in the desert at night. So as today, Saturday, dawned a staggeringly brilliant day in the Lake District Geoff and I took the morning off to go walking
View of Blencathra from the end of St Johns in the Vale

Luckily finished the walk in a better state than this sheep

Some of this week's production:








1 comment:

Fumi Fuyushiba said...

What beautiful tea bowls there are!! Me too,I have thrown many tea cups today.It seems you enjoyed worm day today.We have never seen such vew with snow in lake distric.We need to stay there in this season. But no thank you to see sheep's miserable seen.